Holiday Ice is a manufacturer of specialized mid-range capacity commercial ice machines for industrial applications. For over 50 years our commitment to personal service and outstanding quality has created a family of happy Holiday Ice and Arctic-Temp customers.
Our Arctic-Temp® Ice Machines are legendary for providing years and years of reliable performance, even in the most grueling climates and conditions. You’ll also appreciate the service we offer. Holiday Ice is a family-owned business, and we serve our customers directly and personally. You’ll notice the difference when you call our office—instead of some pre-recorded message, you’ll be greeted by a real, live person. We’re here to help, not give you the runaround!
No other manufacturer offers our combination of quality, longevity, price and service. No other ice machine gives you the VALUE of our Arctic-Temp machines. For quality you can count on, count on us!
More About Our Arctic-Temp Industrial Ice Machines
Producing ice with an industrial ice machine must be accomplished with much greater efficiency than you would in a normal household setting. We manufacture machines that are able to make from 2 to 20 thousand pounds of ice each day. To be able to make this volume of ice, the machines need to use advanced techniques, but be manufactured in the simplest fashion possible, in order to make maintenance relatively easy.
Our ice machines make ice on evaporators that are vertically suspended, cylindrical and double-walled. Our process uses all of the surface of the evaporator and makes ice quickly and very efficiently.
Chilled water is constantly recirculated over the outer and inner evaporator surfaces, while the water ice is made with is also recirculated from the sump (made from stainless steel) by a pump. Water flows on the outer and inner evaporator surface via tubed water distribution. The freezing time is set via a cycle timer that is repeating.
Why Choose Arctic-Temp Commercial Ice Machines?
Industrial ice machines aren’t all the same, so why choose Arctic-Temp? There are numerous factors that make our machines the best choice. Here are a number of them.
- We hand assemble our machines and utilize the TIG welding method
- Our evaporators are made from hand formed and welded stainless steel
- We totally manufacture and assemble our machine’s low sides prior to matching and mounting them on the correct high side (condenser/compressor side).
- The ice-making (low) sides of the machines are made with non-magnetic stainless steel (Type-304). Some other manufacturers use alloys that are a lower grade, but not us.
- Every machine we make is vacuum and leak tested to ensure all piping is leak free. After the machine is charged with refrigerant, it’s calibrated and tested to be certain it operates properly.
- We use high grade Copeland compressors, which have a reputation of being world class. Copeland has the best warranty and the business and warranty stations are present in most major metropolitan areas.
- Excellent Value – Our Commercial ice machines are economical, efficient, reliable, and easy to maintain. They are manufactured from high quality components and materials, including top-rated Copeland compressors. They’re constructed for years of problem free use.
- Rated Realistically – We rate our machines conservatively, so you can be certain they will meet the capacity they are advertised at. The machines we make work well in southern states and are rated realistically for peak performance during the hot summer months when the demand is at its highest.
- Maintenance and Service – Our simplified design greatly reduces large, expensive issues you may run into with more complex machines. All of our components are easy to access for routine maintenance and service.
- Double Surface Concave Freezing – Our evaporators are made from high grade stainless steel utilizing vertical tubes which permits ice to form on the outside and inside of the tubes simultaneously for greatest efficiency and quick production recovery. The concave design offers greater surface area for ice production and gives immediate, long lasting cooling.
- Use of Standard Components – The majority of the components we use, with the exception of the evaporator, can be obtained from your local refrigeration wholesaler. Therefore, you can easily obtain replacement parts and you’re not restricted to buying them from us after your warranty ends.
- Freezing Zone Does Not Have Moving Parts – no motors, gears, or augers means there are a lot less issues and a long period of trouble free use.
- Simple Circuitry – We make use of a mechanical control to control the freezing and the harvest operation. There isn’t any complex electronic circuitry that is difficult to diagnose and expensive to replace.
- Efficient Operation – Our machines are designed to utilize re-circulated water, which decreases your water costs and they also are more energy efficient that our competitor’s models.
- Thoroughly Tested – Our machines are thoroughly tested prior to shipping to ensure every aspect of them is operating correctly and able to produce ice at or above its rated capacity.
Holiday Ice utilizes the highest quality components and parts available when manufacturing industrial ice machines. This includes top-rate Copeland compressors. We make machines that are long lasting, efficient, and simple. After you purchase one of our machines we can be relied upon to give you efficient and prompt customer service.